Ten Things To Know: FC Dallas vs. Colorado Rapids
Our Rapids play-by-play announcer, Richard Fleming, is renowned for being detailed in his preparation when calling MLS games, and he is offering us a little insight into some of his pregame notes.
Find below, some things you may find useful ahead of the Rapids’ trip to FC Dallas. Coverage on Altitude and AltitudeNOW from 6.00pm on Wednesday.
- If he features, veteran striker Kei Kamara will make his 350th regular season appearance in Major League Soccer. His first appearance came on April 1, 2006 for Columbus Crew SC at then-named Kansas City Wizards, when he scored the first of his 128 goals.
- FC Dallas were one of two teams withdrawn from the MLS Is Back Tournament in Orlando due to positive COVID-19 tests among the squad. The other was Nashville SC.
- In their three games since resuming play (two versus Nashville and one against Houston), Dallas has failed to register a single goal.
- The only win for Dallas came on the opening day, February 29, a 2-0 home success over Philadelphia Union.
- Having begun the season with two wins, the Rapids have since gone 0-3-1.
- Robin Fraser’s side conceded two goals in those opening two games. In the four games without a win, they have leaked 11.
- The Rapids sit eighth in the Western Conference, with seven points (2-3-1). FC Dallas are 10th on six points, but from a game less (1-1-3).
- Dallas head coach, Luchi Gonzalez, spent two seasons with the Rapids (2005-06), scoring two goals in 22 appearances. The second of those goals was a consolation effort against Dallas in a 3-1 home loss.
- This will be a 75th regular season meeting between these two MLS originals. The Rapids are currently 24-33-17 against the team from Texas.
- FC Dallas are one of only four teams allowing fans inside their stadium. The others are Real Salt Lake, Sporting Kansas City, and Orlando City SC.