Altitude Sports and DIRECTV reached an agreement on October 31, 2019 to broadcast Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Rapids and Colorado Mammoth games throughout a ten-state region. We encourage all our fans who continue not to have access to their favorite teams to make the switch to DIRECTV. They have demonstrated how much they value you the fans.
Here is some additional information about the ongoing negotiations with Comcast and DISH network.
- For the past 15 years, Altitude Sports has been the proud home network of your Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche, Colorado Mammoth, Colorado Rapids and other local sports programming, televising live games, while providing unprecedented behind-the-scenes coverage of the teams throughout the community. Although Comcast and Denver-based DISH Network have carried Altitude since its inception, both networks have dropped Altitude. None of their subscribers now have access to Altitude programming.
- Comcast and Dish are both insisting upon massive reductions in price and distribution from Altitude. Neither has changed their stance, even as their competitor DIRECTV has reached an agreement with Altitude that demonstrates that they value the content and fans throughout the region.
- Comcast and Dish have adopted a hardball “take it or leave it” stance during these negotiations. They continue to ignore the wishes of their customers and our fans. They have demonstrated a level of greed that is clearly out of touch.
- Comcast has told its customers that Altitude forced them to take down the network. They haven’t shared with those customers that they have first-hand knowledge that the terms they are demanding would mean the elimination of Altitude Sports. KSE and Altitude Sports employ thousands of people throughout the region who are deeply ingrained within this community.
- Comcast, which is the exclusive cable operator for the vast majority of Denver, collects monthly regional sports network fees. They continue to retain most of those fees, even though they have eliminated one of the two networks tied to them.
- Comcast refuses to offer Altitude terms that are equal to the those they offer to any of the seven regional sports networks they own and operate. This begs the question why they are treating our fans and network differently than the ones they own.
We are asking that all sports fans in the region come together and call for an end to this terrible power play by these two companies. Join us in our fight for what’s right. If you are a subscriber to either Comcast or DISH Network, please contact them now and demand that they bring back the hometown teams. They can be contacted at the following phone numbers or twitter accounts:
Comcast 1.800.934.6489 / Tweet them: @comcastcares
DISH Network 1.800.333.3474 / Tweet them: @dish_answers
Sign The Petition