Gimme 5ive December
The Gimme 5ive campaign aims to raise awareness of proactive steps that men and women can take every month in an effort to provide early detection and/or prevention of common cancers and other diseases.
Gimme 5ive Health Focus for December
Lung Cancer Awareness
- Lung cancer is
- Diagnosed in approximately 1 of every 7 cases of cancer*
- The leading cause of cancer deaths in the United States at 25.9% **
- The cause of more cancer deaths than prostate, breast and colorectal cancers combined***
**National Cancer Institute
***National Cancer Institute
- Take the Lung Cancer Risk Assessment
- Talk with your healthcare provider if you have two or more of the risk factors.
- Pledge to avoid and/or stop smoking.
- Share with 5 friends.
Past Gimme 5ive Awareness Months
- Gimme 5ive Health Focus for November, 2019: Men's Health
- Gimme 5ive Health Focus for October, 2019: Flu
- Gimme 5ive Health Focus for September, 2019: Prostate Cancer Awareness
- Gimme 5ive Health Focus for August, 2019: Annual Wellness Exams
- Gimme 5ive Health Focus for July, 2019: Diabetes Awareness
- Gimme 5ive Health Focus for June, 2019: Skin Cancer Awareness